Search This Blog

Saturday 11 October 2014

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

Hiya

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.  Its a lovely Spring day here on the West Coast of Australia.

Today I have a review of the Urban Decay Perversion mascara sample that came as a gift with purchase when I purchased the Vice 3 palette from the Urban Decay website.


Ingredients

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Packaging

The mascara is housed in a sexy little gun metal style plastic tube, with lilac writing on it.  It looks really stylish.  I kinda squirm when I read that I just wrote that - but there is no other word to describe it.

The wand is made of natural bristles and is a very full style without any bells or whistles (I hate those torture style spiky wand ends, such as on Benefits They're Real) - this is my favourite style of wand.  

Formula

The formula is neither overly wet nor dry.  It felt very smooth and almost creamy going on and captured lashes easily.  The formula built up volume nicely without any clumping after two coats.  However, I think the formula could begin to clump with further coats.  

I wear this mascara for approximately 12 hours during the day, and don't have any issues with smudging or flaking.  I also wear contact lenses, and I don't find the mascara irritates them.  It also didn't slide down my face when I got a little teary.

I found it removed fairly easily in the shower using my Alpha-H Triple Cleanser.

What Did it Look Like?

Please excuse my retinol irritated skin, and 15-week-old-baby-lack-of-sleep bags!


Bare Lashes

One Coat - top and bottom lashes

Two Coats - top and bottom lashes


Overall?

I really liked this mascara.  It gave my average lashes volume and length without clumping, smudging or flaking.  It wore well over a 12 hours period, and my lashes didn't look sad or pathetic at any time.  I would buy this mascara again, and would certainly recommend it my best friend.

Where to Get it?

The mascara is available from Urban Decay for $22USD.  Note to anyone in Australia - Urban Decay does not ship to Australia - I used MyUs freight forwarding service to ship my Urban Decay purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment