Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Makeup Addict Tag

Howdy!

I saw this tag on Sample Himes blog yesterday, and I thought it sounded made for me!.  The tag was originally created by Tales of a Pale Face - and the below image has been copied from her blog.


 

 

1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?

Hmmm..... honestly it would be a toss up between eyeshadows and lip products...... but I guess since lip products have a limited life, they'd have to win.  I have more lip products than I can possibly use in this, and the next lifetimes.  And its not even like I'm a really bad hoarder who can't throw things out!  I'm constantly going through my collection and getting rid of less loved stuffed.  First world problems right there.


2. What's the one product you couldn't live without?

My Miguhara BP cream.  This stuff is just phenomenal.  Its a beautiful silky smooth primer which makes my skin look flawless.  I received samples of it in various Memeboxes, and have been using it sparingly because its hard to find online.  I recently received a full sized one in the CoffeeBreakWithDani collaboration Memebox - happy days!

3. Favourite makeup brand?

Seriously? That's almost like asking me to pick my favourite child.  Hmmmm.... if I absolutely had to pick one, it would be Urban Decay.  Their eyeshadows, eyeliners and lipsticks are brilliant.

4. How big is your makeup collection?

My husbands answer to that would be too big!  Even I have to admit I have a stupid amount of makeup - I'm a Financial Controller for a living, so its not like I'm making any money from it.  However, I'm not going to try and make an excuse for my makeup - I am a makeup collector, and I am at peace with that - ha!

5. And how do you like to store it?

Unfortunately, I haven't yet figured out how I like to store it.  Currently I have it split between a 3 tier train case, a 3 drawer bedside table, and a little 3 drawer desktop storage drawer (great things comes in 3 apparently lol).   I would love to be able to have a room just for makeup - but in a 3 bedroom house with 2 kids, that's pretty unlikely :-).  - thats going to be a prerequisite for the next house I think!  Each time I get it just so, I buy more makeup and have to rearrange the whole thing - there's those first world problems again.

6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?


I actually cleaned out my bag last night, so I only have the Makeup Forever Aqua Lip pencil in 3c, and a Laura Mercier lip gloss in a shimmery nude colour.

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?

Given she seems to acquire absolutely everything, it would have to be Temptalia

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?

Given I get ready for work with a 3 year old, and a 14 week old in the morning, I don't have the luxury of a heap of time.  Probably 20 minutes start to finish.  I do my lippy in the car on the way to work (when stopped at traffic lights - not while actually driving lol) after I've finished my coffee.

I somehow manage to get a full face on in the morning - including contouring and eyebrows.  I have no idea how many products..........lots


9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?


Probably eyeliner sets - especially colourful pretty ones.  But in reality, I know there is only so much eyeliner I can go through.


10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do the tag! 

I tag whomever reads this!

No comments:

Post a Comment